CHSAA SEASON B SPORT MODIFICATIONS
Season C Practices March 8-12
Monday - Friday
3pm - 5pm on the turf field
March 9 - 3:00pm
March 10 - 3:15-5:30pm
March 11 - 3:00pm
March 12 - TBD
- All Classes: 14-game regular season.
- All Classes: 12-game sub-varsity
- Postseason 1A-3A: 24-team brackets.
- Postseason 4A, 5A: 32-team brackets.
- Masks must be worn during play.
- Players are limited to 76 total quarters in the season, exclusive of overtime and post-season games.
- State Tournament: No consolations in 2021.
- Minimum 7 games played (pending COVID waivers) to qualify for playoffs.
- League champions automatically qualify for the postseason.
- CHSAA Seeding Index will determine at-large qualifiers in each class. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together, and then divided by four.
- Teams can support their schools without doing anything participatory until the regular season begins on Jan. 18.
- Masks will be worn at all times, except for 2:30 (or 3:00 for Gameday) of performance time at the state competition.
- Teams are encouraged to work in pods or stunt groups to eliminate as much crossover as possible.
- Continue to maintain social distancing during sideline cheer.
- State competition: The competitive performance structure will not change. Things such as warmups, pictures, etc., may be changed due to venue.
- The number of teams permitted to enter the state competition will not change.
- Regular season: 20 dual maximum. Tris and quads are allowed with a maximum of four teams in attendance.
- Max of eight teams in attendance at regular season tournaments.
- Weight certification opens Nov. 1, must be complete prior to competition.
- Regionals: Two-day format, 16-man bracket. The first seven weight classes will compete on the first day. The next seven weight classes will compete on the second day. Wrestlebacks will only happen from third round on.
- The first and second placers will qualify for the state tournament.
- State tournament: Eight-person bracket, full consolation. One-day format.
- Team scores at both regionals and state will score placers 1-4.