- Education Office Overview
- About CEO
- Falcon Zone
- POWER Zone
- Sand Creek Zone
- iConnect Zone
- Primary Education
- Travel Study Trip Requests
IIB Class Size
Title Class Size
Office/Custodian Education/Chief Education Officer
The Board is aware that class size has bearing upon effective teaching. It therefore directs the Chief Education Officer to work with principals in establishing a reasonable and equitable class enrollment for each teacher.
The Board understands that achieving this goal is dependent upon financial ability of the District. In determining the size of various classes, the administration shall consider the following factors:
1. The type of load which will help the teacher be most effective with the students in the class.
2. The experience of the teacher and his/her familiarity with district programs and policies.
3. Required preparation and correction time for the particular class.
4. Physical makeup of the classroom and its equipment to ensure the safety of the students and teacher.
The Board shall periodically review the size of various classes and make a determination as to the appropriateness of such size.
Adopted: November 3, 1977
Revised to conform with practice: date of manual adoption
Revised: August 19, 1982
Revised to conform with practice: date of manual revision
Reviewed: September 2, 1999
Reviewed: October 27, 2011
Reviewed: May 9, 2019
GCM, Professional Staff Work Load