- Falcon Middle School
- FMS Academic Teams
- FMS Academic Teams
- Sixth Grade Team Gold
- Sixth Grade Team Red
- Sixth Grade Team Orange
- Seventh Grade Team Gold
- Seventh Grade Team Red
- Eighth Grade Team Gold
- Eighth Grade Team Red
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Orange Team
- Fine Arts
- Health & Physical Education
- Academic Support
- Liesl Barrt
IHBIB-R Primary/Preprimary Education
Title Primary/Preprimary Education
Office/Custodian Education/Executive Director of Individualized Education
The following criteria have been established for the admission of students to the District's preschools:
Because there are not enough preschool slots to serve every student who wishes to attend preschool, the following admission criteria apply to ensure compliance with applicable law and Board policy.
1. Students are admitted according to these priorities:
a. Children identified as children with disabilities pursuant to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (the IDEIA).
b. Three and four year olds who qualify for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). Families on the CPP waiting list will be offered a tuition slot, and if they choose to pay, shall be given priority over children who do not qualify for CPP.
c. Four year olds who wish to attend their home school as determined by the Board (space available only, subject to disenrollment at any time during the school year due to maximum enrollment limits).
d. Three year olds who wish to attend their home school as determined by the Board (space available only, subject to disenrollment at any time during the school year due to maximum enrollment limits).
e. Three and four year olds who are district residents, but do not want to attend their home school (per Board policy, space available only, subject to disenrollment at any time during the school year due to maximum enrollment limits).
f. Five year olds who are eligible for kindergarten and are district residents, but for whom another year of preschool is desired.
2. Eligible children will be added to a waiting list and served according to the priorities above. In limited instances the district may make exceptions to the waiting list in accordance with applicable law and in the district’s sole discretion.
3. Preschool students will attend the district school determined by their residence unless a request to attend another school or program is approved. No student will be enrolled in a school or program outside his/her attendance area without prior approval per Board policy regarding intra/inter-district choice and open enrollment.
4. Open enrollments and transfer student enrollments may be contingent upon a student providing his/her own transportation and valid for no more than the current academic year. Parents and/or guardians seeking to enroll students in schools other than their school of residence should be aware that priority shall be given to students within each school’s attendance area and maximum enrollment limits may necessitate disenrollment of non-resident students at any time during the school year.
Adopted: September 7, 2000
Revised: August 12, 2010
Revised: July 10, 2014
Reassign to CEO: July 10, 2014
Reviewed: July 13, 2017
Revised: February 13, 2020