FMS Evacuation Friday Dec. 21

December 21, 2018
 
Greetings Falcon Middle School Families,
 
A smoke alarm was activated early this morning at approximately 7:58 a.m. FMS administrators immediately evacuated the school. All students moved quickly and safely to the softball field while our partners at the Falcon Fire Department dispatched a crew to FMS.
 
FMS administrators discovered the source of the smoke was burning food in a microwave. FFD searched the affected area and gave the all clear to return to normal activities. Students returned to the building at 8:12 a.m., approximately 15 minutes after the initial alarm to continue their day at FMS.
 
D49 thanks our partners at the Falcon Fire Department and encourages all of our staff, students and families to stay alert for anything unusual. D49 will continue to be proactive and partner with first responders to ensure a safe learning environment awaits every District 49 learner.  
 
Sincerely,
 
Brian Smith
Principal, FMS