Colorado Springs Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee is looking to fill installer-technician
apprenticeship positions as needed. The application window opened July 1, and closes Dec. 31. There is a $22 application fee, which can be waived by demonstrating financial hardship.
To apply for any of the electrical apprenticeship programs, you must first complete an application form. This can be done on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Your application will be evaluated to determine whether or not you meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at time of selection and indenture—some areas have a minimum application age of 17.
- Show evidence of successful completion of one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade.
- Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- Provide an official transcript for high school and post high school education and training. If applicable, GED records must be submitted.
- The algebra and high school graduation requirements can be waived if you have been working in the electrical construction industry and meet specific work hour requirements (must be documentation).
If you meet the basic requirements, you will be scheduled to take the NJATC apprenticeship test battery. The test battery consists of two tests.
Learn more at csejatc.org/application-process