Free and Reduced Benefits Program
As we work hard every day to deliver excellent education and meet critical needs for all of our families, we invite you to take a look at some important information about the overall value of the Free and Reduced Benefits Program at D49.org.
We also want to share a friendly reminder that is extremely important for all qualifying families to complete the application process. This will ensure access to all the benefits provided, which support programs at your student’s school, and includes individual assistance for transportation fees and school fees for athletics, field trips or classes. The window to apply for free and reduced benefits (including meal plans) opens July 15. We strongly encourage all who qualify or may qualify for the Free and Reduced Benefits Program to apply or reapply by Monday, Sept. 12.
New to District 49? Register and apply online by clicking the link to PaySchools Central
Returning for school year 22-23? Update your D49 PaySchools meal account and re-apply by clicking here. When we welcome students back in August, all school locations will have paper copies and will accept completed applications for processing.
Please keep in mind:
- Families must reapply every year.
- Families who had meal benefits last year have a 30 day grace period to apply for this year before students will be removed.
- Families are responsible for all purchases until applications are processed and qualified for benefits.
- Families can use PaySchools to make on-line meal payments, set up low-balance alerts and track student purchases.
- Reduced meal co-pays are covered by the state of Colorado, making the meals no cost for qualifying students (K-12).
If you have any questions, please contact Monica Deines-Henderson, nutrition services director, at 719-495-1106