Academic: Assistive Technology
When traditional academic methods have not been effective for a student, assistive technology tools might be an option. An assistive technology consultation request can be put in for any student who needs the next level of support in reading, writing, and/or math.
- Written needs: consult with the building occupational therapist, add recommendations to the Google Consult Form.
- Visual needs: consult with the district vision team, add recommendations to the Google Consult Form.
- Hearing needs: consult with the deaf & hard of hearing team, add recommendations to the Google Consult Form.
- Reading & math: no need to consult with any other providers, start consult paperwork.
Assistive technology tools can include iPads, laptop computers, a mouse, large external keyboard, mounts, talking calculator, and writers.
- Speech to text
- Word prediction
- Text to speech
- Magnification and Zoom software