Falcon Homeschool Academic Program
FHAP Mission Statement:
The Falcon Homeschool Academic Program's mission is to thoughtfully blend a spirit of innovation and time-held tradition to homeschooled students through hybrid exposure in concepts related to Math, English, Science, STEM, and History in a nurturing and respectful environmentThe academic program classes serve as the students' curriculum for the school year and are taught in a blended format in which students attend classes at our location from 1.5 - 3 hours per week and work with their parent at home in preparation for the next class meeting. Classes are synchronous in nature and the following expectations are critical for student success:
The following courses are offered to students of the academic program:
- Home assignment accountability
- Parent Involvement
- History (8-12th grades only)
- Science (8-12th grades only)
Math 6 English 6 Science 3 History 3
At this time, students can only enroll in one course per content area.To view our current schedule for Tuesdays/Thursdays, please click the link: Academic Schedule
- A few noteworthy items:
- Academic Program is located at its new D49 location, "The Campus" building at 6113 Consitution Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Math, English, and Science options are offered on Tuesday and Thursday, while STEM is offered only on Thursday. History is offered as a self-paced, online option for all students.
- Given the fact that Science is delivered once per week in a thematic unit-studies format, parents are encouraged to expand upon their learning while at home (beyond the home assignments) in order to consider these courses as full-year studies and assign credit to the transcript. It is our belief that this is an invaluable time for our students to explore and discover history and science in a collaborative and creative way and our teachers are dedicated to this process.
- A 50-minute time period has been designated to electives on Thursdays for students to collaborate with their peers in pursuit of their pre-determined mission and goals. Elective opportunities will be largely student-led and managed, rotate on a quarterly basis, and will be an option for those who have their classwork complete. If any parents have an area of interest in which they would like to make into an elective, please email Katie Boal for the proposal form.