FMS Athletics Announcements
The admission fee to all sporting events in the league is:
$1 for students
$1 for Senior Citizens
$2 for adults
INFORMATION PARENTS AND STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW/COMPLETE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN FALCON MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS:
The following information must be turned in to the Falcon Middle School office BEFORE students are allowed to try-out for any sport at Falcon Middle School:
- A current physical—signed and dated (within the last 365 days) by a physician
- District 49 Athletic Participation Form—completed, signed, and dated
- Some coaches may require additional requirements: grade checks, behavior reports, etc. (students and parents are responsible for checking with individual coaches prior to tryouts to get this information and complete it).
Many programs offer and expect off season training and conditioning. Participation in off-season workouts may be required in order to participate in the upcoming season.
- You must attend all of the allotted time for the tryout period
- Required forms must be completed and turned in BEFORE you may try out.
- Try-outs may be closed to parents at the discretion of the coaches
- The coach’s decision regarding players who make the team and game playing time is final
- Coaches will use their own individual criteria when selecting players for the team, such as: skill, knowledge of the game, grades, behavior, attitude, attendance, role for the team, etc.
*Exceptions to the above tryout requirements may be granted by the coach and/or Athletic Director as deemed necessary.
*Sports fees are required to be paid before the 1st contest, if your son or daughter does not make a team or choose to quit before 1st game, the fee will be refunded.
*All required forms for athletic participation, the athletic handbook, the athletic fee structure, and directions to other schools may be found on the Falcon Middle School website under the Classes and Activities tab—then select Athletics on the drop down. All forms and information are attached on the right side of the page under Athletic Resources.
All students wanting to participate in any sport will need to have a current (within the last 365 days) physical on file in the office before try-outs begin. Physicals may be obtained from your physician, from Falcon Peak Health Center located on the Falcon Elementary School campus, or The Little Clinic inside most King Soopers stores.