About Pikes Peak Early College
Pikes Peak Early College is a public school-of-choice high school in District 49 and one of the only hybrid learning early college environments in the state. Students enrolled in Pikes Peak Early College have the opportunity to simultaneously earn their high school diploma, industry certification, associate’s degree, or up to two years of college credit.
- We are a fully hybrid-learning school in District 49 running face-to-face classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- We offer a combination of high school and college classes on our campus.
- Our newly-expanded campus is an open concept 21,000 square foot state-of-the-art building that emulates the unique feel of a college campus.
- Our high school curriculum is rigorous, relevant, and personalized to meet the needs of all learners and learning pathways.
- Pikes Peak Early College is a multi-district high school providing online and hybrid educational opportunities for students all over the state of Colorado.
- We offer NCAA Approved coursework for college-bound athletes
- We have a unique combination of High School and College Courses on our campus
- We partner with several different community colleges and universities around the state to provide individualized degree plans for students.
Students can receive both a high school diploma, industry certification, and associate’s degrees, or up to two years of college credit simultaneously while enrolled in high school
Tuition-free for students taking high school and college courses
We pay up to 60 college credits at the community college in-person rate
Offers face to face support from experienced and certified teachers
Online opportunities ensure every student has access to the best education available regardless of geography, income, or background.
Pikes Peak Early College offers an innovative way for high school students to earn both their high school diploma and a two-year associate’s degree (or up to two years’ credit toward a bachelor’s degree) in the time it takes to go to high school; saving students and their families both time and money. We are focused on getting our students on a direct college pathway. Pikes Peak Early College takes student’s high school education beyond college preparation because our students are actually taking college courses. We make college possible for our high school students who otherwise have few opportunities to continue with higher education.
Portfolio of Schools
District 49 will create a robust portfolio of distinct and exceptional schools. It’s not enough just to have a bunch of different kinds of schools; the district needs to have high quality, exceptional schools. District 49 strives to offer wonderful schools in all of its zones, schools that are different from each other and superior to the options students might have in neighboring districts and communities.District 49’s board-approved strategic plan provides unified vision, goals and strategies to prepare students to achieve like never before. Its strategic plan is organized around a a big rocks metaphor. If the district identifies and focuses on what's most important – its big rocks of trust, community, best district, portfolio of schools and every student – and then adds other things around them, the medium-sized rocks, and finally works in the pebbles, everything better fits together. District 49 has applied this metaphor in its strategic plan, which identifies the district's Big Rocks. These strategic initiatives will be emphasized over the upcoming years, representing the district’s commitment to its community. These five rocks are its foundation for building an excellent future with its staff, students and greater community.
iConnect Zone Overview
The iConnect Zone has reinvented educational environments that inspire individuals’ peak potential. In iConnect, faculty interconnect effective educational systems, which inspire individuals to their learning potential, investigate and implement best educational practices that lead students to success, invest in students by challenging and developing citizens that compete in a global society, invent settings and systems that empower individuals’ learning, leadership and life. The zone strives to inspire individuals with meaningful challenges and surround them with nurturing support to achieve ambitious goals.
- Online and Blended Learning
- Credit Recovery
- Alternative Education
- Tuition-free Charter Schools