SCHS Counseling Announcements
The Norwich S-STEM Scholarship Program Norwich University is proud to partner with the National Science Foundation to offer new students who major in one of six STEM fields (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, neuroscience, math or physics) the opportunity to compete for a National Science Foundation-funded scholarship. Scholarships are valued up to $4,000 for a first year student, can increase in value during each successive year a student remains eligible, up to a maximum value of $10,000 per year. Apply Here
Attention Juniors and Seniors: Please check out the Junior/Senior Presentation here for important information on this school year and beyond.
Sand Creek High School Counseling
Academic Lettering CriteriaAt Sand Creek High School academic excellence is rewarded with an academic letter. Receiving an academic letter is a three-step process. The following are the requirements for receiving an academic letter.
- GPA of 3.500. A student must receive a 3.5000 GPA or better in a semester to qualify for a certificate.
- All levels receive a certificate.
- Upon receiving the third level an academic letter is awarded.
- Each additional level earns a bar.
- Students will be eligible to receive recognition for their achievements at a previous high school after the semester in which they first qualify for an academic award at Sand Creek High School.
- Upon receipt of official high school transcripts, counselors will determine the level at which the entering student should be honored.
District 49's school counselors are here to support students and families throughout the educational process. Counselors are an integral part of academic achievement through addressing the student as a whole person with various supports in all areas.