SCHS Counseling Announcements
SCHS will be offering several courses online for credit recovery over the summer for $25.00 per .5 credit. If you failed one of these classes you may take it again during Summer School. These classes will begin May 31st and finish on July 22, 2022. You may take NO MORE than 2 credits for Summer School. Spots are limited to the first 75 students and you must be a current student at SCHS.
These classes will be online on Edgenuity* and will be largely self-paced. Counselors will be reviewing to make sure that you are signed up for what you need to take.
Please make checks payable to Sand Creek High School and give to Barb Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE PAID. If you are free/reduced lunch Ms. Johnson will take care of it.
After you register for classes and pay the fee, I will send you all of the information and materials that you need to get started on May 31, 2022.
*In order for you to complete these courses you will need access to a computer and reliable internet connectivity.
Attention Juniors and Seniors: Please check out the Junior/Senior Presentation here for important information on this school year and beyond.
Sand Creek High School Counseling
Academic Lettering CriteriaAt Sand Creek High School academic excellence is rewarded with an academic letter. Receiving an academic letter is a three-step process. The following are the requirements for receiving an academic letter.
- GPA of 3.500. A student must receive a 3.5000 GPA or better in a semester to qualify for a certificate.
- All levels receive a certificate.
- Upon receiving the third level an academic letter is awarded.
- Each additional level earns a bar.
- Students will be eligible to receive recognition for their achievements at a previous high school after the semester in which they first qualify for an academic award at Sand Creek High School.
- Upon receipt of official high school transcripts, counselors will determine the level at which the entering student should be honored.
District 49's school counselors are here to support students and families throughout the educational process. Counselors are an integral part of academic achievement through addressing the student as a whole person with various supports in all areas.