SCHS Counseling Announcements
Upcoming College Visits/Important Dates
See Ms. Paula in counseling to sign up for these upcoming visits.
1st Herff Jones Cap & Gown Orders Lunch
2nd Marine ROTC Scholarship Info 9:15
7th CSU Ft. Collins College Trip All Day
9th Western State Colorado University 8:00
15th Air Force Reserves 9:15
College AcceptanceIf you have been accepted to a college see Ms. Paula Fox with a copy of your acceptance letter so she can put your picture on display. We want to celebrate your achievements with you!
Sand Creek High School Counseling
Academic Lettering CriteriaAt Sand Creek High School academic excellence is rewarded with an academic letter. Receiving an academic letter is a three-step process. The following are the requirements for receiving an academic letter.
- GPA of 3.500. A student must receive a 3.5000 GPA or better in a semester to qualify for a certificate.
- All levels receive a certificate.
- Upon receiving the third level an academic letter is awarded.
- Each additional level earns a bar.
- Students will be eligible to receive recognition for their achievements at a previous high school after the semester in which they first qualify for an academic award at Sand Creek High School.
- Upon receipt of official high school transcripts, counselors will determine the level at which the entering student should be honored.
District 49's school counselors are here to support students and families throughout the educational process. Counselors are an integral part of academic achievement through addressing the student as a whole person with various supports in all areas. Anonymous culture surveys provided to all middle and high school students to gather data about how students feel about their school environment.