Welcome Back, Creek! We are so excited to begin a new school year with you!
- The first day of school for Freshmen is Friday, August 7th.
- The first day of school for all other grade levels is Monday, August 10th.
- Registration will be fully online this year! Fees can be paid through Parent Portal and IDs will be given out over the first few days of school.
- Schedules are being worked on as we speak! There will be a process for schedule changes (online) and access to your schedules near the end of July. More information to come on this!
- Our annual Back to School Night will be virtual and we will announce that date soon as well.
- All forms needed to start school will be given out on the first few days or will be avaiable online.
- Check back on the Back to School page for updates!
Questions? Please contact Lauren Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 6, 2019
Dear Sand Creek High School Family,
D49 safety and security along with SCHS administrators and our law enforcement partners at the Colorado Springs Police Department are actively monitoring reports submitted through Safe2Tell related to a recent rumor circulating regarding SCHS. Continued talk and posts on social media are adding to the speed to which this unsubstantiated rumor is spreading. This evening our investigation into this rumor has determined there is no credible threat to the safety of students, staff, or the SCHS campus. We are working with our law enforcement partners to support the student who has been the subject of social media speculation.
Out of an abundance of caution, our law enforcement partners and D49 safety and security will have an increased presence at SCHS Thursday, November 7. Please see Leadership Updates for more information.
Sand Creek Zone Updates
Amber Whetstine, learning services executive director, and Sean Dorsey, Sand Creek Zone innovation leader, will present June 2 a full-day workshop for leaders that will focus on providing on-going, specific feedback to all teachers on a weekly basis to improve teaching and learning. All principals, assistant principals and instructional coaches in the zone will learn how to schedule and conduct meaningful teacher observations and feedback sessions throughout the school year.