Registration Overview

  • District 49 registration office at Creekside Success Center is temporarily closed. The registrationstaff is working remotely. You can reach us through email at, throughLiveChat on the registration web page

    or by calling 719-210-9942 or 719-213-0335.

    También ofrecemos asistencia en español para nuestra comunidad hispana. No dude en comunicarse con nosotros si tiene alguna pregunta o preocupación. Con gusta los atendemos.

    Para asistencia en español marque: (719) 213-0335


    Thank you for understanding.



     The registration application for the 2020/2021 school year is now open.



    Please contact your school's Registrar directly for assistance with transcripts, report cards, proof of attendance, disenrollments or any other school questions.  

     If you are unable to reach your school's Registrar OR have not received a response, please contact your Zone's Administrative office for assistance.

    For school supply lists and other back to school information, please visit Back To School

    Falcon Zone - Tricia Burley – 719-495-5525 –
    Bennet Ranch Elem - Falcon School of Technology Elem - Meridian Ranch Elem - Woodmen Hills Elem - Falcon Middle - Falcon High 

    iConnect Zone - Michelle Wortkoetter –

    Patriot High - Pikes Peak Early College - Springs Studio for Academic Excellence - Aero Lab - Banning Lewis Ranch Academy - Banning Lewis Preparatory Academy - GOAL Academy - Grand Peak Academy - Liberty Tree Academy - Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning - Power Technical - Rocky Mountain Classical Academy - Falcon Homeschool Program

    Sand Creek Zone - Cindy Miller –

    Evans International Elem - Remington Elem - Springs Ranch Elem - Horizon Middle - Sand Creek High  

    POWER Zone - Brittany Jilek – 719-964-5554 –
    ALLIES - Inspiration View Elem - Odyssey Elem - Stetson Elem - Ridgeview Elem - Skyview Middle - Vista Ridge High 
    When is Preschool Roundup for the 2020-2021 school year?
    The preschool roundup is scheduled for February 21 and 28, 2020.  Please visit the Preschool Overview page for preschool contacts and the Preschool Application page for more information.  Preschool Roundup is your first opportunity to apply for the various preschool programs offered as well as to be included in the lottery for tuition based preschool slots for the upcoming year.  At roundup, your child will have vision and hearing screenings. If there are any concerns about your child's developmental progress, you will be able to discuss your concerns with the preschool staff where additional screenings may be warranted. Activities for the children will be provided. This is typically a very busy event so please pay close attention to any scheduling that may be posted on the preschool web pages. 
    When Should My Child Start Kindergarten?
    Children must turn 5 years old on or before September 15th to enroll in kindergarten.
    My Child Misses The Cutoff by 1, 2, 3....Days.  What Can I Do?
    If the child does not meet these deadlines, parents/guardians who reside in-District 49 will first need to seek Early Access by completing the Early Access application found here. The deadline to request Early Access is February 28, 2020. After this date or if residing out of district, the parent/guardian must speak directly with the principal at the school to inquire about the possibility of the child being accepted.  Please know the district's central registration team does not have the authority to override these deadlines. 
    If the child is granted early access please use the gifted and talented approval letter to upload to the child's application in the acceptance letter section. 
    If the principal assesses the child and determines that they are willing to accept the child, you will need to request this on school letterhead. The letter will need to state the child's name and date of birth and that although the child does not meet age cutoffs, he/she is being accepted into Kindergarten. This letter must be signed by the Principal or an administrative designee. Then it will need to be uploaded to the child's application in the acceptance letter section.  Additionally, if the family resides out of district, a school of choice form is required to be completed and approved by school administration.
    Which school will my child attend?
    To assist you in finding your child's school, visit our district map, and input your child's home address. If you'd like to enroll in a school outside your neighborhood system, check our school of choice web page School of Choice Information, and learn more about that process.  Bus stop information will be provided to you via your parent portal account.
    What about school of choice?
    District 49 keeps the school of choice window open year-round. If you prefer to enroll a student outside your designated neighborhood school, complete a school of choice application and submit it directly to the school or schools you would like your child(ren) to attend. Visit the school of choice page School of Choice Information for more information.
    Questions about when a decision may be made or how the decision of acceptance (or declination) will be communicated must be directed to the school.
    Do I need to bring my children or family with me to register?
    No. Space is limited and there is no daycare provided.  It is typically quicker if the parents/guardians come by themselves so they may concentrate on the application.  If you need to bring your children with you, please know that there is no one available to watch over them. If they are too young to occupy themselves and remain in the waiting room, it would be best to bring someone along with you to provide oversight for them. 
    How will I know when my application has been processed?
    When your application has been processed and your child has been enrolled, you will receive emails with information regarding your next steps.  After application submission, frequently check your email, junk and spam folders for these emails.
    Will I be informed if my application is incomplete or needs additional information?
    Yes.  If for some reason, there are any documents or other information missing from your application, you will be sent a ticket to your email address from our LiveChat system that will list what is needed to allow further review and processing.
    Do I need to wait to register until my child has their yearly physical and receives updated immunizations?
    No.  If you have immunization records - even if they will change with an upcoming physical - you may enroll.  Once your child has had their yearly physical and received updated immunizations, simply take the most current immunization report directly to the school for updating. 
    My child is enrolled in Preschool at one of District 49's coordinated (neighborhood) schools or at Grand Peak Academy or Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning, do I need to do a new registration for kindergarten?
    No.  All preschool students attending a neighborhood school, GPA or PPSEL will have their enrollments automatically rolled to the next appropriate grade level.  
    I've heard that District 49 has a military student transition consultant.  Is this true?
    Yes!  We are happy to have Melissa Dashner as District 49's Military Student Transition Coordinator (MSTC).  Her office contact information is 719-495-1149 x1022 / or via cell phone 719-271-4341.  The MSTC will be available to assist you with the transition process and any questions you may have about this.  They can assist with active duty, veterans and retired military as well as Civil Service, National Guard and those in the Reserves.  The MSTC is located at the Creekside Success Center located at 3850 Pony Tracks Drive, Room 106B, in Colorado Springs. 
    I've heard that there is a waiting list.  Can I "register" my child early to get on this list?
    Contrary to what you may have heard, there are no waiting lists for coordinated (non-charter) District 49 schools.  With the exception of the Preschool Department which keeps a waiting list for the current school year only, all other grades have no waiting lists.  When you submit your registration application, your child will be enrolled in their neighborhood school (unless you have an acceptance letter from a different District 49 school such as Patriot High School, Pikes Peak Early College, Springs Studio for Academic Excellence, Falcon Homeschool Program, Aero Lab, Grand Peak Academy, Liberty Tree Academy or Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning.)  If, by the time you enroll, the neighborhood school is full for a particular grade, the school will discuss this with you and explain where your child will be enrolled at due to the overflow.
    Please know that there may be waiting lists at District 49 charter schools which consist of Aero Lab, Grand Peak Academy, Liberty Tree Academy, Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning, Rocky Mountain Classical Academy, Banning Lewis Ranch Academy, and Power Technical Early College.  Please contact these schools directly for information regarding waiting lists and how to get on the list. 
    I registered my child.  When will I receive parent portal access?
    Once your child has started school, you will receive an email directly from the school with your parent portal information. 
    If I already have other children in the district, do I still need to provide proof of residency?
    Yes.  Proof of residency must be current (dated within the last 60 days) and cannot be anything with late or disconnect notices.
    Can I upload multiple files in each field?
    Not currently.  Each upload field will accept one document only.  If another document is uploaded, it will overwrite (erase) the previous document.  If you have a multiple page proof of residency (housing contract or lease or rental agreement) or a multiple page immunization record, you will need access to a scanner that will scan multiple pages into one file or a phone app that will allow multiple pictures to be combined into one file.
    Can I apply using my phone?
    Possibly.  The application process may be done via your phone. Please keep in mind the file upload requirements.  If you are taking photos with your phone of your documents and you need to upload multiple documents into one file, you will need to have a phone app installed that will allow multiple photos to be combined into one file. 
    What happens if guardianship changes?
    For the safety and security of all students, if your children previously attended District 49 schools and you are now re-registering them, and there has been a change in legal status (e.g. divorce, custody, guardianship or restraining order documents), please upload the respective forms as one document under notarized guardianship. If applying in person at the central registration office, please bring these documents with you.
    How do I register my child in preschool?
    District 49 preschool programs are available to children age 3 to 5 residing within District 49 boundaries.  Our preschool classrooms are inclusive and welcome students of all skill levels, including children with special education needs.  Preschoolers are placed in their neighborhood school as space permits.  To indicate interest in the District 49 preschool program, visit the preschool application page.
    Already received a 2019-2020 school year acceptance letter?  Please go to the Start Online Registration Application section above.
Kyle Spanswick
Central Registration Supervisor
Phone: 719.495.1149 ext:1007
Roseann Palfrey
Central Registration Registrar
Phone: 719.494.8911
Rocio Escribano
Central Registration Registrar
Phone: 719.494.8911
Donna Benavidez
Central Registration Registrar - Charter Support
Phone: 719-494-8911
Von Kiyomi
Student Information Systems Specialist
Phone: 719-495-1138

Creekside Success Center

  • 3850 Pony Tracks Drive • Colorado Springs, CO