- All Classes: 14-game regular season.
- All Classes: 12-game sub-varsity
- Postseason 1A-3A: 24-team brackets.
- Postseason 4A, 5A: 32-team brackets.
- Masks must be worn during play.
- Players are limited to 76 total quarters in the season, exclusive of overtime and post-season games.
- State Tournament: No consolations in 2021.
- Minimum 7 games played (pending COVID waivers) to qualify for playoffs.
- League champions automatically qualify for the postseason.
- CHSAA Seeding Index will determine at-large qualifiers in each class. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together, and then divided by four.
- Teams can support their schools without doing anything participatory until the regular season begins on Jan. 18.
- Masks will be worn at all times, except for 2:30 (or 3:00 for Gameday) of performance time at the state competition.
- Teams are encouraged to work in pods or stunt groups to eliminate as much crossover as possible.
- Continue to maintain social distancing during sideline cheer.
- State competition: The competitive performance structure will not change. Things such as warmups, pictures, etc., may be changed due to venue.
- The number of teams permitted to enter the state competition will not change.
- Regular season: 20 dual maximum. Tris and quads are allowed with a maximum of four teams in attendance.
- Max of eight teams in attendance at regular season tournaments.
- Weight certification opens Nov. 1, must be complete prior to competition.
- Regionals: Two-day format, 16-man bracket. The first seven weight classes will compete on the first day. The next seven weight classes will compete on the second day. Wrestlebacks will only happen from third round on.
- The first and second placers will qualify for the state tournament.
- State tournament: Eight-person bracket, full consolation. One-day format.
- Team scores at both regionals and state will score placers 1-4.
SCHS Athletics Announcements
The Athletic Department at Sand Creek High School now hosts their Pre-Participation Athletic Forms online with our NEW website planetHSThis digital platform will allow you, and your student(s), to complete and access athletic forms via computer, tablet, or mobile phone. It is HIPAA, COPPA and FERPA compliant. Log in at: planetHS.com.
If your student is interested in sports and you have not yet applied for free and or reduced lunch, please follow the link below to apply.
Once you receive the letter, please forward your email or bring it in to Barb Johnson in the business/sports office so that your fees can be adjusted.
Due to the privacy act, this process must be completed by parents/guardians.
Sand Creek High School Athletics
Athletics CalendarAll our scheduled athletics events are available on the Colorado Springs Metro League website. If you have any problems accessing information on that website, to include any barriers with keyboard navigation or assistive technologies, please let us know.
Sporting Event Ticket & Annual Passes
Family season passes are $40, and they grant admission for five immediate family members to all home season games. Family annual passes are $85 and they admit five immediate family members to all home games for the year. Family passes cannot be used for playoff events.
For an activity passes flier, download this PDF document (66KB).
Adults $5 Students (Without School ID) $5 Military Discount $4 Students (With School ID) $2 Preschool and Younger $0 Seniors (60 & Older) $0
PassesSCHS Home Games Only, No Playoff Games Included
Student Annual Pass $10 Family Season Pass (fall, winter, spring) $40/season Family Annual Pass
- Immediate Family Only
- Maximum of 5 Persons Per Home Game