District Accountability Advisory Committee Overview
School District 49 provides a school district accountability advisory committee, as defined by the Colorado Department of Education. Fiscal responsibility is jointly shared by the DAAC and District 49 Board of Education.
The committee advises the board on the adequacy and efficiency of educational programs, including school charters, school improvement goals and district objectives. The committee reviews and recommends for approval, the district's unified improvement plan, which contains the district's goals and objectives, along with implementation and monitoring strategies, before submission to the District 49 Board of Education. The DAAC also makes recommendations to the Board of Education related to the expenditures of school district funds. All findings and recommendations of the DAAC are advisory in nature. The board hears such recommendations before adopting budget plans.Please view the bylaws if you are interested in serving on the DAAC and complete an application.DAAC meetings are scheduled for the Peakview Hall at 6 p.m unless listed by Zoom below. The final meeting for the 2020-2021 school year will be May 11, 2021.
2020-2021 DAAC Meeting dates
- Aug. 25, 2020-Zoom link in Agenda below
- Sept. 22, 2020-In person & Zoom, link in Agenda below
- Oct. 27, 2020-Zoom, link in Agenda below
- Dec. 8, 2020-Zoom, link in Agenda below
- Jan. 26, 2021-Zoom, link in Agenda below
- Feb. 23, 2021-Zoom, link in Agenda below
For more information, contact Barbara Austin-Seeley, Executive Assistant to CEO, at 719.495.1119, email: email@example.com
- March 9, 2021-Zoom, link in Agenda below
- April 20, 2021-In person only. Peakview Hall at Creekside Service Center
- May 11, 2021-In person only. Peakview Hall at Creekside Service Center