Welcome to Full Virtual Schooling
This webpage will communicate our upcoming schedules and information related to our transition to a full virtual model for all spring studio families. We know that the next few weeks may be challenging and so we will be putting together checkpoints and opportunities to connect with teachers, counselors, and our new social worker. We know there will be an adjustment period to our new "normal," which for many families will include entire families working at home and supporting each other. We will provide clear information on this site that directly impacts the entire school. This page will get us going as we transition, but the first point of contact should always be the teacher should there be any issues, concerns, or a need for clarity. Our mission is to ensure that we grow students academically, and we will provide opportunities for them to know they are still cared for by the teachers and have support through this difficult and challenging time. Please remember that district brick and mortar schools will be preparing to deliver schooling in an e-learning model that none have attempted before. Therefore, we conduct school as we usually do with some tweaks. Please be sure that families align expectations with SSAE and do not apply the D49 model of e-learning to our students. This alignment will be most vital if families have students in SSAE and a traditional school. Please help us discuss and reinforce the following topics with students:
- Our teachers have set times for students to get support. Students must self-advocate and attend those sessions when needed.
- We will communicate with parents through email, the d49 app, and texting. (usually with all three methods)
- Students will connect with teachers through email or remind. They must check email every day.
- Zoom will be the platform for video conferencing and courses for students, as we have done all year. There is not a need for a student to create a zoom account to go to their classes.
- We highly encourage students to use their google calendar.
- If students have computer needs or technology needs, please contact Cathy Toffel immediately firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have fun with school we will get through this and get back to normal.