Evans Elementary School E-Learning
eLearning Update and Next Steps
Thank you for informing us of your plans for this school year. We are dedicated to providing the best learning experience for your student, whether it's in-person or online.
We have three teachers who will be providing online instruction:
-Jenna Whitson, grades k-1
-Meghan Cavaliere, grades 2-3
-Ingrid Tonneman, grades 4-5
If you've confirmed that your students will be eLearning, you will receive communication from your online teacher the week before school starts and you'll be invited to a Virtual Open House to get to know your teacher and the procedures and expectations.
If you don't have a device to complete your work, we can arrange to loan you one. Please contact our Media Specialist, Dave Chapman- firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to borrow a device, you'll need to submit this Student Issued Device Program Agreement.
If you are undecided about eLearning vs in-class learning, feel free to call us at 495-5299 and we can discuss the details of each option.
We look forward to working with you and your students this year!
Here are the expectations that apply to all Evans Elementary School students:
- Log in to eLearning platform daily (Monday through Friday.)
- Follow your E-Learning plan that your teacher sent out for the day. We highly recommend that you create a daily routine or schedule.
- Complete all assignments for your classes on the e-learning day and submit or post your assignments by 12:00am (midnight) of that day.
- Communicate with your teachers via email if you have questions or need assistance.
- Students who are unable to access Google Classroom will contact teachers by email.
- Students will also be allowed to scan and turn in work to the teacher through email if necessary.
Teacher Office Hours
Our eLearning teachers will dedicate time daily to provide office hours. Please reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. If you email a teacher outside of these hours, know that they will respond during the next office hours window.
All teachers will take attendance by 9:00am the day following each learning day (after checking student interactions from the prior day)
Students are required to complete one of the following tasks to be marked as present for the day.
- Turning in an assignment or completing an activity with a trackable online component between 9:00am and midnight
- Interacting with your teacher on Google Classroom, Schoology or another learning system
- Participating in a group lesson or discussion with your teacher
Links to approved apps and websites, etc.