March BOE Special Meeting-Additional
The Board of Education held an additional special meeting immediately following the work session Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
The packet is supported by the BoardDocs program. To view the agenda and packet or follow along with the meeting and view supporting documents in real time, click here to access BoardDocs.
Audio files are available through BoardDocs.
NOTICE: Due to the current restrictions in place, meetings are being held electronically. Please use the BoardDocs link above to access packets and follow along. Audio files of the meetings are being posted within 24 hours of the meeting. Open Forum is available during regular and special meetings. Contact Donna Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-200-6220 for more information.
Thank you for your interest in District 49 and addressing the Board of Education. The following policies and procedures will be followed for those persons requesting to make public comments.
- Public Comment is conducted during the Open Forum section of the agenda during regular and special meetings.
- With our temporary E-Meeting format, you may submit your comments in writing by filling out the form here and the comments will be read during Open Forum.
- Please address the Board of Education in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Person(s) submitting public comments will be allowed three (3) minutes.
- The Board of Education will limit the number of public comments on a particular topic or issue. If you are a member of a group or organization involving the same issue, you should coordinate your comments with others to avoid repetition.
- Please note that the Board of Education’s policy is not to respond to public comments although follow-up actions may be assigned to the appropriate Chief Officer.
- Information provided during the board meeting in the form of audience comments is a matter of public record and will be published in the official minutes.
For more information please contact the Board’s Executive Assistant, Donna Garza, at email@example.com or 719-200-6220.
The District 49 Board of Education works to advance excellence in public education through effective leadership by locally elected directors. The Colorado Association of School Boards was established in 1940 to provide a structure through which school board members could unite in their efforts to promote the interests and welfare of Colorado’s 178 school districts. CASB represents and advocates for more than 1,000 school board members and superintendents statewide to groups both within and outside the K–12 education community. CASB provides services, information and training programs to support school board members as they govern their local districts. Membership benefits and solutions are designed to enhance school board effectiveness and help board members increase their knowledge, boost their efficiency and connect with their communities.
BOE Open Forum
District 49 Board of Education directors want to hear from their community. Ahead of each meeting's action items, up to 10 members of the public are afforded a three-minute opportunity to address the directors about issues of concern or praise. When appropriate, they'll respond following each presentation. In the interest of productivity for the proceedings, no charges or complaints against individuals are allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks, including profanity, are not tolerated. The open forum is always considered an important part of each board meeting.