Board of Education
The District 49 Board of Education works to advance excellence in public education through effective leadership by locally elected directors. The Board of Education is comprised of five directors that represent five specific areas of the school district. See which director district your home is in with the interactive map.
The Colorado Association of School Boards was established in 1940 to provide a structure through which school board members could unite in their efforts to promote the interests and welfare of Colorado’s 178 school districts. CASB represents and advocates for more than 1,000 school board members and superintendents statewide to groups both within and outside the K–12 education community. CASB provides services, information and training programs to support school board members as they govern their local districts. Membership benefits and solutions are designed to enhance school board effectiveness and help board members increase their knowledge, boost their efficiency and connect with their communities.
2020-2021 Meeting PacketsAs we begin a new school year, we are taking full advantage of the software we are using with BoardDocs and will not be recreating the content on this site as we have done in the past.The 2020-2021 Board of Education meetings information, documents, agendas, minutes, etc. can all be found on BoardDocs.BoardDocs Link: https://go.boarddocs.
com/co/d49/Board.nsf/vpublic? open#Watch live and previous Board of Education meetings on the D49 BOE YouTube Channel.Due to state and county guidance, audience attendance at Board of Educations meetings, including staff, is limited to 50 people and masks are required. Please sign up to attend the meeting in person by clicking on this link.To participate in Open Forum, please fill out this form. Forms must be received two hours prior to the start of the meeting. This is to address the Board at regular and special meetings either in person or by telephone.If you need help finding something on BoardDocs or need additional information, please contact Donna Garza, BOE Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-200-6220.
OPEN FORUM DURING BOARD MEETINGS
Thank you for your interest in District 49 and addressing the Board of Education. The following policies and procedures will be followed for those persons requesting to make public comments.
- Public Comment is conducted during the Open Forum section of the agenda during regular and special meetings.
- Public comments must be submitted at least two hours prior to the start of the meeting by filling out the form here.
- The speaker must attend the meeting in person or by telephone.
- Please address the Board of Education in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Person(s) submitting public comments will be allowed three (3) minutes or approximately 400 words.
- The Board shall limit the total length of public participation to thirty minutes.
- Please note that the Board of Education’s policy is to withhold any formal response to public comments although follow-up actions may be assigned to the appropriate Chief Officer.
- Information provided during the board meeting in the form of audience comments during Open Forum is a matter of public record and will be published in the official minutes.
- The public may contact the Board of Education anytime by emailing Board members collectively at email@example.com without participating in Open Forum.
Please contact the Board’s Executive Assistant, Donna Garza, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-200-6220 for additional information.