Community Care Overview
The Department of Community Care supports the mental wellness of students, staff and the community through working directly with students, staff and families and community events.
Through the help of Community Engagement Advocates (CEA’s), Community Care helps students and families that may be struggling by working directly with the student and family and helping them find resources within the community. Our Behavior Analysts, work with teachers, students, and families to help manage difficult behaviors at school.
On this webpage, you will find resources to support mental health, Social Emotional Learning, behavior management information, and community resources.
Community Care Services
- District 49 has Board Certified Behavior Analysts working to support our student’s behavioral needs. Here you will find information about BCBA services as well as helpful tips to support positive behavior in the classroom and at home.
Social Emotional Learning
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) underscores all learning in school. In D49 we strive to support the whole child which includes their social and emotional wellbeing. Find out more about SEL resources in District 49.
- Suicide is a leading cause of death for teens in El Paso County. See what D49 is doing to prevent loosing more children to suicide.
- District 49 care about our families and staff and want to ensure that all children have the support they need to be successful. Resources for food, shelter, clothing and other basic needs can be found in this section.
- Each month, District 49 provides a mental health section in the Peak Inside, the D49 staff newsletter. Take a look at these articles and more here.
- Community Care provides a variety of events throughout the school year that focus on mental wellness and social/emotional learning.
- Presentations available
- Community Care provides a wide range of community and staff presentations concerning mental health, trauma informed care, social emotional learning, substance use, relationships, and more. For a list of presentations, click here.