Falcon High School Summer Mastery Recovery
Summer School Session June 6th-June 23rd
Registration Deadline is May 31st and Payment is DUE June 1st
Why Choose Summer School? •
- Stay on track for graduation
- Become eligible for athletics and activities
- Recoup credits in order to take a full load of grade-level classes next year
Benefits of Summer School •
- Summer Program for FHS students
- One session to choose from
- Online Support Monday through Thursday 8:00am-11:00am
- In person learning Wednesdays by appointment ONLY
- Courses available 24/7 online
- Quality online mastery-based curriculum
Program Details •
Session Summer School courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Monday, June 6th through Thursday, June 23rd. Courses will close June 23rd at 3 pm.
- There will be no extensions.
- Courses are designed to meet the specific needs of individual students. However, due to the nature of the online curriculum, the curriculum cannot be modified.
- Special Education support will be available during the summer session.
Program Description •
Falcon High School uses Schools PLP as an accredited program and is approved by District 49 to meet graduation requirements. Courses may be NCAA approved. Students should check with their counselor if they plan to play college athletics.
- For technical support, please contact Mrs. Rawlinson by email.
- Students must support their own internet access.
- Please note that additional work time outside of these hours will be necessary to complete the course work within the allotted three-week term.
- Students must have internet and computer access.
Students must register on or before May 31st. Late registration will not be accepted due to the short nature of the Summer School Program. There are no refunds, even if a student does not finish a course. All grades, pass or fail, will appear on student transcripts.
Eligibility and Course Selection •
Students must currently be enrolled at FHS and need to retake a course for grade/skill improvement or credit.
- All summer school participants should consult with his/her school counselor prior to enrolling in Summer School.
- Counselors can help students select appropriate courses.
The structure and course content are determined to align significantly, but not completely, with FHS classes. The coursework and requirements through Schools PLP are determined by Schools PLP. FHS accepts 70% / C or better to transcribe credit.
Student Responsibilities •
Earning a semester credit (0.5 credit) in three weeks is not a task to be taken lightly. It will require a significant time commitment. Time online varies for each student, depending on the previous level of engagement with course content. Students can expect to spend 15 to 20 hours per week on each course. Students and families are encouraged to work together to accomplish this task.
Registration Process •
- Speak with your counselor to determine which course(s) to take
- Complete the registration form by May 31st and payment submitted by June 1st.
- Receive a confirmation email of enrollment and login information by Friday, June 3rd.
All payments must be made in POWERSCHOOL, our online payment system, or in person with Ms. Apodaca (FHS Finance Manager). Payment must be received by June 1st to be processed. NOTE: IT MAY TAKE UP TO 48 HOURS FOR YOUR SUMMER SCHOOL FEE TO SHOW ON YOUR ACCOUNT FOR ACCESSIBILITY OF PAYMENT. Please forward a copy of the receipt to Mrs. Anderson
Summer School Contact Information
Degrees and Certifications: