Parent's Guide to Schoology
Schoology is what’s known as a Learning Management System. Our teachers use this LMS to present course materials, collect assignments, moderate discussions, conduct assessments and help build an online community of digital learners.Schoology’s parent access features allow you to engage in your child’s education with a set of convenient digital tools. You’ll be able to monitor your student’s assignments, keep track of missing work and view grades. You can also take advantage of Schoology’s notification system to set up alerts for upcoming assignments and posted grades.
If your child’s school uses the Schoology LMS for instructional purposes and you need to create a parent account, please go to the PowerSchool SIS parent portal and click on the Forms section on the left-hand side. Within the Forms section, find the listing for Schoology Parent Access Requests and click to open. Follow the instructions shown and then click on the link provided. The Schoology parent access code will be emailed to you after completing the form so that you can create your parent account. Here are the steps in detail.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Sign into your Parent Portal at: https://d49.powerschool.com/public/.
- Select the appropriate student (if multiple) from the top left-hand menu.
- Find and select “Forms” on the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to find the form titled Schoology Parent Access Request. Click on the name to open the form.
- Follow the steps in the window that opens on how to submit the Schoology Parent Access Code request.
I'm Signed Up, Now What?
Parent and Student Account Comparison: