Parent's Guide to Schoology
Schoology is what’s known as a Learning Management System. Our teachers use this LMS to present course materials, collect assignments, moderate discussions, conduct assessments and help build an online community of digital learners.Schoology’s parent access features allow you to engage in your child’s education with a set of convenient digital tools. You’ll be able to monitor your student’s assignments, keep track of missing work and view grades. You can also take advantage of Schoology’s notification system to set up alerts for upcoming assignments and posted grades.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Contact your child’s teacher for a parent access code that attaches your accounts (Tip: you only need one teacher’s code to access your child’s entire schedule)
- Create an account at Schoology.com, and use your parent access code (Need help?)
- If you already have a parent account in Schoology for one child, you can add additional children to your account (Need help?)
- If you are having difficulties contact email@example.com for assistance with creating a parent account in Schoology.
I'm Signed Up, Now What?
Securly app Portal Instructions:D49 schools use Securly to keep students safe on the internet with school-issued devices. As part of the solution, you will have access to the free Parent Portal and SecurlyHOME app, which among a list of important features, provides real-time activity reports and delivers a weekly email containing a sample of your child’s online activity from the previous week.Useful info and instructions for the SecurlyHOME app:
Details on purchasing a plug-n-play wireless hub by Securly for use with personal and home devices will be available during the Student Safety in the Digital Age presentations on Nov. 13 and 14. You can also find information by clicking here.**If you are having trouble logging into the portal after downloading the app, it is because we do not have your email address in our SIS system. Please follow these instructions: contact the Powerschool admin of your child’s school (front office staff typically) and have them update your email address in Powerschool.**
- Install the app on your Apple or Android device
- Open and tap the white “send me a link” button
- A link will be sent to the email address you have registered with your child’s school.
- Click the link to reach the SecurlyHOME App. Your account is ready to go! You can create your password in the account tab.