Kids' Corner Updates
School Year Registration is now OPEN!
Before and After Care will begin Aug. 2nd for every school EXCEPT Ridgeview Elementary, to start Aug. 3rd.
Kids' Corner Overview
Kids’ Corner launched in 2014 as a Sand Creek Zone pilot initiative. After measuring its effectiveness and efficiencies, it expanded in 2017 to serve students in all coordinated elementary schools. The before and after school program provides quality care on scheduled school days, as well as during early release and assessment and professional development days for working families. We provide daily hands-on science and art experiences, homework help, and movement activities (soccer, jump rope, basketball). Kids’ Corner has a theme-based week comprised of choices that engage diverse age groups.
Families rely on District 49 Kids’ Corner to provide a warm, safe, fun and quality before and after school program for their children, kindergarten to fifth grade (generally ages 5-12). The program offers before and after school care in Springs Ranch Elementary School, Evans International Elementary School and Remington Elementary School.
"Where children create, imagine, build and explore"
Kids’ Corner provides each student with a fun-filled environment that engages and challenges children. We offer your child the choice to participate in one or all of our daily activities, such as art, drama, science, sports, group activities and homework help. We provide a daily exploration curriculum to keep children engaged with opportunities that help them make healthy choices, interact with friends.District 49 Kids’ Corner Highlights:
- Participating in creative hands on activities
- Enjoying a healthy afternoon snack
- Playing group sports and active games
- Homework help
- Hands on science activities
- Having fun being a kid in a safe and warm environment
- Making new friends
- Before and after school programs
- Programs during summer, fall, Christmas and spring breaks
Tuition Rates & Program Fees:
Kids’ Corner allows for families to choose a consistent schedule or a flexible schedule. A one-time registration fee of $35 ($25 for each additional child) is required before children can participate in the program.
Fixed Schedule Rates
Full Time Before & After School (Weekly) - $110
Before School (Weekly) - $60
After School (Weekly) - $73
Flexible Schedule Rates
Before School Daily - $16
After School Daily - $19
Fall, Winter, Spring Break Programs
Daily - $35
Weekly - $141
Full Day Care Program
Non-School Days* - $35
* Full day care days must be selected and scheduled separately from before and after school care days.FALL BREAK Information:Join us as we discover the Wonders of the World!New Families must first register for our Flexible Before and After Program to have access to Non-School Day Scheduling.Locations- Evans International Elementary School, Odyssey Elementary School, Falcon Elementary School of TechnologyHours- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.Existing Families- Schedule for Fall Break through the "Attendance" tab, ensure the "Room:" drop down shows the Non-School Day Registration option to show the days available. Click on the days you would like to schedule, then click "Add to Cart" to go through the payment process. Call managment if you have any questions or trouble scheduling.10% Military and District Employee Discounts Apply to Weekly and Daily Rates
How to Get Kids' Corner Services
Kids' Corner Before and After Services will begin August 2nd across the district except at Ridgeview Elementary School where it will begin on August 3rd.To get enrolled, parents need to complete these documents:
- Signed physical form
- Completed enrollment forms on-line at http://schoolcareworks.com/
- Immunization card
- Photo of child
- Signed receipt of parent handbook
registration/d49/start_ registration.jspTo get enrolled online go to1. Choose the appropriate program you need2. Choose the school your child attends3. Fill out the necessary information
Before & After School Overview
Studies show that after school programs improve academic achievement, reduce grade retention and increase student attendance and interest in school. Across the country, after school is a key element in strategies to turn around under-performing schools.Some characteristics of successful schools include high academic achievement, clear standards and evaluation processes, community involvement and students who are engaged in learning. After school programs offer a chance to reinforce and supplement the curriculum by offering new and different opportunities for learning that further engage students in school.
Enriching Children's Lives, Helping Working FamiliesThe Promising Afterschool Programs Study found that students reported improved social and behavioral outcomes: elementary students reported reductions in aggressive behavior towards other students and skipping school, compared to their routinely unsupervised peers. (Policy Studies Associates, Inc., 2007)Early childhood education expert James Heckman concludes that a complement of early education and participation in afterschool programs can reduce initiating drug use among youth by nearly 50 percent. (University of Chicago, 2006)An evaluation of New York City’s Out-of-School Time Programs for Youth initiative found that 74 percent of parents of participants agreed that the program made it easier for them to keep their job, and 73 percent agreed that they missed less work than they had previously because their children attended the program. In addition, 71 percent of parents reported that they were able to work more hours because their children were in the program. (Policy Studies Associates, Inc., September 2009)Parents miss an average of five days of work per year due to a lack of after school care. Decreased worker productivity related to parental concerns about after school care costs businesses up to $300 billion per year. (Catalyst & Brandeis University, 2006)