BASE49 Before and After school program provides quality care on scheduled school days, as well as during early release, assessment, and professional development days for working families. We also offer a summer program at limited locations.
"Where children create, imagine, build and explore"
Base49 Fall Registration Is Now Open!
(details are subject to change)
Please click on our Summer Program tab for more information.
BASE49 Hours: (Summer hours have changed)
Currently: Monday through Friday, 7:00am-5:30pm
BASE49 is for Kindergarten through 5th grade
BASE49 Contact Information:
BASE49 is in the following D49 Elementary Schools 2020-2021:
Falcon Elementary (located in modular)
Sand Creek Zone:
2020-2021 School Year:
- 1 child $40
- 2 children $70
- 3 or more children $110
Consistent Program (These programs are guaranteed spots for your child. BASE49 does not cancel dates, or refund/credit accounts for absences):
Before School Only M-F (no cancellations) $60 per week
After School Only M-F (no cancellations) $75 per week
Before and After School M-F (no cancellations) $110 per week
Flexible Program (Drop In dates must be scheduled at least 7 days in advance. If you miss the 7 day window, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability). All cancellations or schedule changes must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than 3 pm the Friday before the scheduled date.
Flexible Before School Only $15 per day
Flexible After School Only $20 per day
Flexible Before and After School $30 per day
Non School Full Day Program (registration rates the same as above)
$215 Weekly (based on 5 day week; any changes that result to less than 5 days will be charged $50 daily rate)
2020 Summer Program
Flexible Drop In program allows families to select all the dates in the summer or just a few here and there. Pick your dates now because we will approve in date order based on space available. Families can cancel up to the Monday before the scheduled week
2020 Summer Locations:
- Inspiration View Elementary (Power Zone)
- Woodmen Hills Elementary (Falcon Zone)
- Evans Elementary (Sand Creek Zone)
BASE49 2020 Summer Registration Fee:
- $65 per child (regardless of families with 2 or more children; discount does not apply to registration fee)
BASE49 2020 Summer Registration Payment Options (this does not include tuition):
- Option 1 - Family can pay full registration fee at time of approval or
- Option 2 - Family can split registration over 2 equal payments (1st payment due on or before 5/22/2020 and 2nd payment due on or before 6/5/2020). Registration fees will be included in invoices for the weeks outlined.
BASE49 2020 Summer Rates:
- $50 per day per child for flexible scheduling (this allows families to select by the day; pick your dates now)
- $215 per week per child (based on a 5-day week; any changes resulting in less than 5 days will result in the daily rate of $50 per day per child; pick your weeks now)
BASE49 Offers Discounts:
- Military families receive 10% off tuition
- Multi-Child families receive 10% off tuition of oldest child or children
- Immunization records must be provided to BASE49 office before registration can be approved. Please do not drop off to schools or BASE49 school staff (records can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call office for additional options)
- Program is for kindergarten through 5th grades only
- Hours are Monday through Friday 6 am to 6 pm
- Afternoon snack provided
- BASE49 is located inside your child's school, so transportation is not necessary
- Invoicing: Emailed each Wednesday for the upcoming week
- Payment: Due each Friday before the the scheduled week begins
- Late Fee: A $10 late fee is incurred if a payment is not received by the due date
- Cancellations/Refunds (please note this is for 2020-2021 school year and this policy is changing beginning with 2020 Summer Program; please see Summer Registration page for details): Schedules can be modified up until 3 pm on the Wednesday before the scheduled dates (written request to email@example.com). No changes or cancellations will be accepted in current week. No refunds will be issued for absences.
- Discounts: BASE49 supports our military families and extends 10% discount towards tuition for active and retired military parents; BASE49 offers 10% off to our multi-child families (additional details are provided at time of registration approval).
Before & After School Overview
Studies show that after school programs improve academic achievement, reduce grade retention and increase student attendance and interest in school. Across the country, after school is a key element in strategies to turn around under-performing schools.Some characteristics of successful schools include high academic achievement, clear standards and evaluation processes, community involvement and students who are engaged in learning. After school programs offer a chance to reinforce and supplement the curriculum by offering new and different opportunities for learning that further engage students in school.
Enriching Children's Lives, Helping Working FamiliesThe Promising Afterschool Programs Study found that students reported improved social and behavioral outcomes: elementary students reported reductions in aggressive behavior towards other students and skipping school, compared to their routinely unsupervised peers. (Policy Studies Associates, Inc., 2007)Early childhood education expert James Heckman concludes that a complement of early education and participation in afterschool programs can reduce initiating drug use among youth by nearly 50 percent. (University of Chicago, 2006)An evaluation of New York City’s Out-of-School Time Programs for Youth initiative found that 74 percent of parents of participants agreed that the program made it easier for them to keep their job, and 73 percent agreed that they missed less work than they had previously because their children attended the program. In addition, 71 percent of parents reported that they were able to work more hours because their children were in the program. (Policy Studies Associates, Inc., September 2009)Parents miss an average of five days of work per year due to a lack of after school care. Decreased worker productivity related to parental concerns about after school care costs businesses up to $300 billion per year. (Catalyst & Brandeis University, 2006)