About Springs Studio for Academic Excellence
What is Springs Studio for Academic Excellence?Springs Studio for Academic Excellence is the premier blended learning environment in the state of Colorado.
- We are a fully blended-learning school in District 49.
- Our Constitution Campus is a centrally located open concept 21,000 square foot state of the art building, referred to as a “Google meets Starbucks” learning environment
- Our curriculum is rigorous, relevant and personalized to meet the needs of all learners.
- Springs Studio is a multi-district online school providing online and blended educational opportunities for students all over the state of Colorado.
- NCAA Approved coursework for college-bound athletes
- College Prep Aligned Coursework
SSAE Blended Learning Opportunities 2019-2020
Springs Studio for Academic Excellence has two components to our blended learning model. Virtual work is completed on the Edgenuity platform and our on-campus instruction is teacher directed and focused on project and problem-based activities.
High School Blended Model (Grades 9-12):
- On-Campus Instruction- Tuesday and Thursday
- Virtual Course Work- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Middle School Blended Model (Grades 6-8):
- On-Campus Instruction: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Virtual Course Work Tuesday and Thursdays
Full Virtual (Grades 8-12)
- Virtual coursework: Monday through Friday
- Teacher Online Support: Monday
- Teacher on Campus Support: Wednesday and Friday
(Demonstration as an Autonomous Learner Profile with Approval is Required and limited Full Virtual Spots Are Available)
- More than 160-course offerings through Edgenuity
- Tuition-free for students taking high school courses
- Free College for qualifying students through Concurrent Enrollment Program
- Offers face to face support from experienced and certified teachers
- Online opportunities ensure every student has access to the best education available regardless of geography, income or background.
- 1-in-3 college students engage in online learning which helps better prepare our students for post-secondary success
- Aligns with public higher education institutions views that online education is critical
SSAE is a school based on the concept that parents, students, and faculty are needed to fully maximize the potential of all students and ensures a successful academic journey. As a foundational core value, we believe that building relational capacity with students and parents is a top priority because students and families must believe that SSE is a safe and healthy place to send their student to every day. Our school provides a variety of community events which include
iConnect Zone Overview
The iConnect Zone has reinvented educational environments that inspire individuals’ peak potential. In iConnect, faculty interconnect effective educational systems, which inspire individuals to their learning potential, investigate and implement best educational practices that lead students to success, invest in students by challenging and developing citizens that compete in a global society, invent settings and systems that empower individuals’ learning, leadership and life. The zone strives to inspire individuals with meaningful challenges and surround them with nurturing support to achieve ambitious goals.
- Online and Blended Learning
- Credit Recovery
- Alternative Learning
- Homeschool Enrichment
- Personalized Diploma Pathway
- Tuition-free Charter Schools
Portfolio of Schools
District 49 will create a robust portfolio of distinct and exceptional schools. It’s not enough just to have a bunch of different kinds of schools; the district needs to have high quality, exceptional schools. District 49 strives to offer wonderful schools in all of its zones, schools that are different from each other and superior to the options students might have in neighboring districts and communities.District 49’s board-approved strategic plan provides unified vision, goals and strategies to prepare students to achieve like never before. Its strategic plan is organized around a a big rocks metaphor. If the district identifies and focuses on what's most important – its big rocks of trust, community, best district, portfolio of schools and every student – and then adds other things around them, the medium-sized rocks, and finally works in the pebbles, everything better fits together. District 49 has applied this metaphor in its strategic plan, which identifies the district's Big Rocks. These strategic initiatives will be emphasized over the upcoming years, representing the district’s commitment to its community. These five rocks are its foundation for building an excellent future with its staff, students and greater community.