Student Check In/Check Out Procedure
If your student has a “free period” and is not tardy to a class or leaving early from a class, they do not have to check in or out due to that free period, as they are expected to leave campus during that time.
- Check In With Documentation: student will show their student ID and documentation to security, who will then admit and direct the student to attendance office or class.
- Check In Without Documentation - Parent/guardian must do ONE of the following:
- a) accompany the student to the security window and speak with the member of security
- b) call/email the attendance office within 48 hours
- c) fill out the Absence Form located under Forms on your parent portal in PowerSchool
- Check Out: parent/guardian must call or email from the number or address found in PowerSchool at least 2 hours prior to pickup time and/or arrive with a valid, legible, government issued photo ID 10 minutes prior to pickup time. ID will be presented to the security officer and, once verified, either a pass will be sent for the student to leave class or the student will be given permission to leave if they are already waiting. *Any friend/relative picking up a student must be listed as an approved contact with “pick-up” privileges in PowerSchool and must present their valid, legible, government issued photo ID.
- Check in with documentation: student will show ID and documentation to security officer, who will then direct student to class or attendance office.
- Check in without documentation: student will show ID to security officer, who will then send to class. Parent/guardian must contact attendance office as outlined above and in attendance policy to excuse absence and/or tardy within 48 hours.
- Check out: parent/guardian must call or email from the number or address found in PowerSchool at least 2 hours prior to departure time. A pass will be issued to students with departure time and it is then the student’s responsibility to leave class at the specified time and sign out through the attendance office prior to leaving campus.