It is our mission to offer reliable transportation that is efficient, on time and above all, safe for our riders. We’ve made changes to best meet the needs of our D49 Family to provide transportation at a higher capacity while complying with COVID 19 guidance. The adjustments below will best serve our families with the least amount of disruption to the school day until we can safely return to our normal operating status.Normal school year hours of operation: July 19th, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM. Close from 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM for lunch. Unfortunately, due to the shortage of drivers, you may see a note on the door to come to the main office for services. Please proceed through the gate to the main Transportation office. If you need assistance, please call 719-495-1159.Hours of Operations during Spring break: March 27th - March 31st - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.Hours of Operation during Summer break: June 1st-July 17th, open 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
Please note: Transportation will close at 3:30 PM on November 21st and 22nd.
The following buses are at capacity. Please contact our office at 719-495-1159 to be placed on a waiting list for transportation.
Red 13 - VRHS/SMS AM & PM
Purple 6 - FMS AM & PM
Red 5 - SMS/VRHS AM & PM
Blue 5 - HMS
BUS STOPS MAY HAVE CHANGED FOR THE START OF THE 22-23 SCHOOL YEAR. To confirm your bus and stop information for this school year, please log on to the Bus Stop Locator and enter your information, or call 719-495-1159 for assistance.
- NO TRANSPORT ZONES: We have established no transport (walking) zones around our campuses until we can run normal schedules. These zones are within established neighborhoods that have stoplights, sidewalks, crosswalks and crossing guards at the bigger intersections, as well as age-appropriate distances. Implementing this strategy lets us reach more families who must travel a greater distance to get to a campus, delivering students on time to reduce the impact to the start and end of school. If your home is within a no-transport area, you will see NO TRANSPORT ZONE when you enter your address and school at the Bus Stop Locator
- We will not offer transfer busing for choicing into another high school, middle school and some charter schools that are outside of your home school area.
- Buses run on the Board of Education approved District 49 calendar. If a charter school is in session during a District 49 break, bus service will not be available.
- Courtesy riders will not be allowed on special needs buses due to Medicaid restrictions.
- Replacement Bus Passes: If you need a replacement bus pass, please come to the Transportation Fee for Service building.
The safety of our students is our top priority. We thank you in advance for your trust and understanding, and we are excited about returning to school in August! If you have questions, please call us - 719-495-1159
D49 Transportation Team
District 49 is hiring bus drivers. A school bus driver is responsible for the safe operation and transport of school aged children to and from school. A full time bus driver position is fully benefitted and has a guaranteed minimum of 5 hours per scheduled work day. A commercial driver license (CDL) is required, however paid training is provided to obtain that license.
More information is available.