The D49 Workplace Learning program serves as liaison between 49 Pathways and area businesses hosting workplace training opportunities for students. We will respond to the needs of our D49 business and industry partners to educate and train the next generation workforce. Economic vitality will be achieved when industry is able to recruit the talent needed to prosper and graduating students have an opportunity to enter employment in an in-demand, meaningful and rewarding entry-level occupation.
Why participate in workplace learning and training opportunities?
- Visit local employers and explore careers you are interested in!
- Completing a 60 or 120-hour internship may qualify for academic credit!
- Completing a 60 or 120-hour internship may demonstrate mastery in a core subject!
- Select 60 and 120-hour internships have successful completion $cholarships available!
- Acquire real-life, marketable skills in the career of your choice!
- Enhance your resume for your first career job search!
- Earn the chance to get hired after training!
Workplace learning and training opportunities include:
- Classroom presentations and industry speakers for career awareness & exploration
- Field trips to local businesses for career awareness & exploration
- 2-4 hour job shadows for career investigation
- 120-hour "learning through work" internships for career preparation & academic credit
- D49 Students should register for credit using course code GA1040CT.
- "Earn while you learn" pre-apprenticeships designed as a training path to career placement