Health & Wellness
District 49 is committed to the health and wellness of staff and students. The district's school wellness policy and supporting wellness guidelines can be found at https://www.d49.org/wellness.
The wellness program actively seeks grant opportunities to support schools. Currently, D49 has a grant from The Colorado Health Foundation and the Colorado Department of Education for the 2020-2021 school year to support district professional development as well as school-level leaders and teams.
- District-wide Wellness Advisory Council - This council is responsible for updating the school wellness policy and supporting guidelines, monitoring and supporting schools in the implementation of the policy, and advising on staff wellness opportunities. The council typically meets 2-3 times per year. Staff, parents and community members are welcome to join. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Co-Leaders - Each school has up to two leaders responsible for attending professional development, leading school wellness teams and writing School Health Improvement Plans that are presented to the Board of Education annually.
- GoNoodle - All K-5 teachers have access to GoNoodle, an online platform with core aligned physical activity breaks, in their classrooms. Parents, you have free access to GoNoodle at home for physical activity breaks your kids will love! Visit gonoodle.com/.
Parent & Caregiver Resources
- CDC Healthy Schools Partner Toolkit - The resources provided here include activities, strategies, videos, and articles to help you and your child promote healthy practices both in home and at school.
District 49 provides a variety of staff wellness programs with support from our insurance provider UMR. Below are some of the programs that we plan to offer for the 2020-2021 school year:
- D4.9K Walk/Run - canceled for 2020-2021 school year
- Walktober Physical Activity Challenge
- Wellbeats Online Fitness Membership
Participants in the first annual D4.9K