This year Stetson Elementary School had many successes in the area of student
and staff wellness.
● Stetson purchased more all-weather umbrellas from money we received
from UMR funding. These umbrellas can be used to help protect them
from all different weather conditions.
● Stetson Elementary won the Golden Shoe for having the most
participation in the district 4.9K run/walk event. The prize money was
used to purchase a new microwave for the staff lounge.
● 3 stand umbrellas were purchased using UMR funds for sun protection at
the picnic tables in our outdoor learning space.
● A punching bag and punching gloves were purchased using UMR funds
for staff to use to release stress and for physical activity.
● Recess jump ropes, chinese jump ropes, yoga station spots, physical
activity FIT sticks, kick bands, wiggle seats, and a balance board were
purchased with Medicaid funds for student use during the school day.
● 142 lives were saved by the students participating in the American Heart
Association Kids Heart Challenge and we raised over $7,104.75
● Stetson Elementary School (along with all the other Sand Creek feeder
elementary schools) took part in boys and girls 3rd-5th grade youth
basketball. Our school fielded six teams including a total of 64 players.
● Multiple staff members participated in the “Walktober” multi-district steps
competition. Staff members also participated in the November gratitude
challenge and in “Feels Like a Million” challenge in the months of April and