Get Enrolled in District 49
Central Enrollment Office AssistanceDistrict 49 parents and guardians begin a student's enrollment using a website portal. To understand the entire enrollment process, carefully read through the information on this page. If you have questions, or otherwise need personal assistance, call a registrar at 719.494.8911.
The Central Enrollment office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.Our enrollment team will assist in getting your child registered in District 49. We're located at 3850 Pony Tracks Drive in Colorado Springs. Our office phone number is 719.494.8911. You may call with any questions, or use our live chat feature.
To expedite the enrollment process, ensure you have all required documents listed on this page. An enrollment cannot be started without these documents. It is each parent or guardian's responsibility to upload these documents. If you do not have the birth certificate or immunization records, please contact the previous school or pediatrician and request to have them sent directly to you. The enrollment office does not request school records or accept faxes from previous schools.Once enrolled in District 49, school level registrars request records, such as transcripts, grades and attendance. For new students enrolling in high school, parents or guardians should request transcripts from the previous school and take them to the new school as soon as an application has been processed. This helps high school counselors quickly review credits and compile a schedule, which includes an official start date.
If you are enrolling a new student in District 49, or transferring a student from Banning Lewis Ranch Academy, Rocky Mountain Classical Academy or Power Technical Early College to another District 49 school, complete each enrollment step outlined below. Existing District 49 students, including those in the district's other charter schools, are not required to re-enroll for the following school year.If your child is a current District 49 student transferring from one neighborhood District 49 school to another, contact both the former and new schools about the new enrollment. As a transfer, a new application is not required.
I'm Ready to Enroll. What's Next?Before beginning, carefully read the enrollment document requirements. Applications without the required documentation are returned to applicants. With all documents scanned and ready for uploading, start online enrollment application. If you do not have a scanner, stop by the enrollment office Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., for assistance.
Enrollment applications must be completed either at home or in the enrollment office. If you expect issues completing an application at home, bring all documents to the enrollment office for help completing the application and uploading the documents.If your student previously attended District 49 schools, left and is now re-enrolling, a new enrollment application, and all required documents, are required.Our 30-day Requirement: Unsubmitted applications are held for 30 days, and then deleted. This also applies to applications submitted and returned for incomplete or unacceptable documents; if not corrected, resubmitted and processed prior to the 30-day deadline. Carefully review application requirements to ensure application includes all required documents. The date an email is sent with an application link starts the 30-day window.Case-sensitive Verification: After you start an online enrollment application, the form to begin the process will first require letters and numbers for a case-sensitive CAPTCHA human verification process. After verification, the system sends an email from "D49 Dialer" with a link to begin the actual application.
Document 1, Birth Certificate
- Birth certificate: The person enrolling the student must be listed on the birth certificate, unless there are formal court guardianship or notarized power of attorney papers giving guardianship to the person applying for admissions.
- Hospital-issued birth notices are not acceptable
- If you do not have your child's birth certificate please request it from their previous school to be sent directly to you
- If your child has never attended school before and you do not have the birth certificate, you may order a birth certificate and use the order receipt as the birth certificate until the birth certificate arrives. Once it has arrived, you will take it directly to the school for review and upload. Please note that the receipt must be dated within the previous 30 days and if the receipt indicates that you should have already received the certificate in the mail, the certificate will be required.
Document 2, Immunization Records
- Immunization records: If form is two-sided, front and back must show immunizations and student's name and date of birth.
- If you do not have your child's immunization records please either contact their previous school and request that they be sent directly to you or contact your child's pediatrician and request that they be sent directly to you.
Document 3, Parent or Guardian ID
If you are not the biological parent and have legal guardianship, notarized power of attorney documents or foster care placement letter(s), please scan the documents and ID and upload together as one file.If the parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to the custody of their children unless a legal filed court order specifies differently. Please ensure that the school has the most current legal documents.
- Parent or guardian identification: Parent enrolling must be listed on the birth certificate.
- If legal guardian is enrolling, current (non-expired) legal filed court documents awarding temporary custody/guardianship or current (non-expired) notarized power of attorney from the birth parent will be required to proceed
- If step-parent is enrolling, a notarized letter from a birth parent listed on the birth certificate giving them rights to enroll is required
- If a foster care parent is enrolling, the foster care placement letter that identifies the student by name and date of birth as well as the foster care placement parents giving authorization to enroll the student is required
Document 4, Proof of Residency
- Proof of residency: All documents provided must be current and dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment.
- Documents must include the mailing address, service address (if utility bill or mortgage statement) complete date (month, day and year) and names. This is required even if you have other students enrolled and attending District 49 schools.
- Accepted forms of proof of residency (one of the following):
- Utility bill (discontinuance notices not accepted), including cable, trash, residential propane, land line phone or internet. We need the entire page of the bill to clearly see the utility name, account holder name, billing address, and billing date. If you recently applied for service but not yet received a bill, ask the utility company to provide a letter with your name(s), property address, a statement that verifies an active account, and the representative's name and phone number.
- Rental or lease agreement which includes names of property owners or management company, renters or lessees, beginning date of the rental or lease, address and signature page (both tenants and property owners or management company must have signed off). Must be dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment.
- Home purchase contract with buyer and seller names, address, closing date and signature pages. The closing date must be within 60 days of enrollment. If the purchase contract was countered, in addition to the original contract items, we will need the first page of the counter, the page showing any changes to the closing dates and the final signature pages from both the buyers and sellers. All pages must be scanned together as one document. If you are building a house and do not have a typical purchase contract, you will need a letter on the builder's letterhead that includes your name(s), the address of the house being built, the closing date and the representative's name and phone number.
- Mortgage statement that includes current date (within the preceding 60 days of enrollment) names, mailing address and service address.
- No utility bills in your name, or living with another family?
- Notarized letter from owner or renter indicating names of all individuals residing with family, along with owner or renter current utility bill, mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement (dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment)
- Examples of proof of residency documents that are not accepted:
- Cell phone bill
- Utility bill marked with "Discontinuance Notice" or "Notice to Disconnect" or anything that states services will be discontinued
- Bank statement, checks, non-mortgage loan statements
- Driver's license
- Car registration
- Junk mail to address
- Credit card bills
- Jury summons
- Rewards statements
- Pay stubs
- U.S. Postal Service change of address confirmation
Document 5, Acceptance Letter (Only Required For Below Schools)
- Acceptance letter
Firefox.Important: When entering information in the student section of the application, keep written entries to as few words or characters as possible. For example, in the previous school section, instead of entering "Rocky Mountain Classical Academy," enter "RMCA". If too many characters are entered in a section, the system will send an error message and you will have to enter the information again.
Learn more about our schools by visiting their buildings or websites. They're listed in our school directory.
Are you unable to open pdf documents? Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. Download free Acrobat Reader on the Adobe download site.
Student Media Release
District 49 often takes photos and videos and invites members of the media into its schools to tell the story of our mission to prepare every child for success. We appreciate your cooperation and consent in allowing us to capture imagery of your student for our use in various mediums. This includes, but not limited to, external media outlets such as television and newspaper, as well as internal media producers who update the district’s website, participatory media platforms, advertisements, promotional materials and other online and offline publications.
El Distrito Escolar 49 a menudo toma fotografías e invita a los medios de comunicación a las escuelas del distrito para que relaten la historia de nuestra misión de preparar a todo niño para el éxito. Apreciamos su colaboración y consentimiento al permitir que capturemos imágenes de sus niños para nuestro uso en varios medios. Esto incluye, entre otros, medios de comunicación externos tales como televisión y periódicos, así como productores de medios internos que actualizan el sitio web del distrito, plataformas de medios participativos, publicidad, materiales de promoción y otras publicaciones en Internet y demás.