Get Registered in District 49
District 49’s Central Registration office at the Creekside Success Center is open by appointment (preferred) or walk-ins on a limited basis. However, we are encouraging everyone to register their children online. Please read the instructions below, and then click the Online Registration link at the bottom of this page. If you need assistance, our registration team is standing by to help walk you through the process. They can be reached by phone at 719-494-8911, through LiveChat or by emailing email@example.com
If you need help with registering your child, you can reserve a computer at the registration office by clicking this appointment link. You will only need to reserve one computer station.
**Note** If you need to register more than one child, please reserve more appointments. Please plan on 30 minutes for the first child and an additional 20 minutes per additional child.
We are located at 3850 Pony Tracks Drive, Colorado Springs 80922. The Registration office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Upon arriving for your appointment, please park on the south side of the building and enter through the main entrance near the flagpole.
- Our space is limited. We are encouraging only the parent/guardian who is completing the registration to attend.
***Please read through the important information included below.***
To expedite the registration process, ensure you have all required documents listed. A registration cannot be started without these documents. It is each parent or guardian's responsibility to upload these documents.
Once registered in District 49, school level registrars request records, such as transcripts, grades and attendance.
- For new students enrolling in high school, parents or guardians should request transcripts from the previous school and take them to the new school. This helps high school counselors quickly review credits and compile a schedule.
- If you are registering a new student in District 49, or transferring a student from Banning Lewis Ranch Academy, Rocky Mountain Classical Academy, GOAL, or Power Technical to another District 49 school, please complete each registration step outlined below.
- If your child is a current District 49 student transferring from one District 49 school to another, contact both the former and new school about the transfer. As a transfer, except for those mentioned in the above paragraph, a new registration application is not required.
- If your child has left District 49 for more than 60 days, please complete a registration application with all required documents.
- Kindergarten Birthdate Cutoff: Children must turn 5 years old on or before September 15th to enroll in kindergarten.
I'm Ready to Register. What's Next?
- Before beginning, carefully read the registration document requirements. Applications without the required documentation are unable to be processed. Parents/guardians will be contacted by email if documents are missing, unreadable or unacceptable.
- The registration office does not request school records or accept faxes from previous schools.
- ***Documents that are two-sided or have more than one page, need to be scanned as one document. Only one document per file can be uploaded.***
Document 1 - Birth Certificate:
- Birth certificate: The parent enrolling the student must be listed on the birth certificate, unless there are formal court guardianship documents or a notarized power of attorney given to the person applying for admissions.
- The receipt must be dated within the previous 30 days.
- Once the birth certificate has arrived, please take it directly to the school for review and upload.
- Hospital-issued birth notices and Social Security cards are not acceptable.
- If you do not have your child's birth certificate, please request it from their previous school to be sent directly to you.
- If you are unable to find or access your child's birth certificate, you may order one and use the order receipt as the birth certificate until it arrives.
- If the parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to the custody of their children unless a legal filed court order specifies differently. Please ensure that the school has the most current legal documents.
Document 2 - Immunization Records:
- Immunization records: Records must clearly show the child's name and birth date.
- If the record is two-sided or more than one page, the pages must be uploaded as one document. Only one document can be uploaded per file.
- If you do not have your child's immunization record, please contact your child's pediatrician or previous school and request they be sent directly to you.
Document 3 - Parent or Guardian ID:
- Identification: State-issued ID or passport. Social Security cards are not acceptable.
- Parents/guardians who are completing the registration application, please add yourself as contact #1 with an email.
Document 4 - Proof of Residency:
- Proof of residency: All documents provided must be current and dated within the preceding 60 days of registration. Documents must include the mailing address, service address (if service bill or mortgage statement), complete date (month, day and year) and names. This is required even if you have other students enrolled and attending District 49 schools.
- Service bill (discontinuance notices are unable to be accepted), including electric, cable, residential propane, or internet. We need the entire page of the bill to clearly see the utility name, account holder name, billing address, and billing date.
- Rental or lease agreement, signed within the preceding 60 days, which includes names of property owners or management company, renters or lessees, beginning date of the rental or lease, address and signature page (both tenants and property owners or management company must have signed off. In addition, the confirmed change of address document from the USA postal service may be required.
- Home purchase contract with buyer and seller names, address, closing date and signature pages. The closing date must be within 60 days of registration. If the purchase contract was countered, in addition to the original contract items, we will need the first page of the counter, the page showing any changes to the closing dates and the final signature pages from both the buyers and sellers. All pages must be scanned together as one document. If you are building a house and do not have a typical purchase contract, you will need a letter on the builder's letterhead that includes your name(s), the address of the house being built, the closing date and the representative's name and phone number.
- Mortgage statement that includes current date (within the preceding 60 days of registration) names, mailing address and service address.
- No utility bills in your name, or living with another family?
- A notarized letter from the owner or renter indicating names of all individuals within your family along with the owner or renter's current service bill or mortgage statement, dated within the preceding 60 days of registration.
Document 5 - Acceptance Letter (Only required for the following schools):
- Preschool program
- Child Find
- Aero Lab
- Academy for Literacy, Learning & Innovation Excellence
- Grand Peak Academy
- Liberty Tree Academy
- Mountain View Academy
- Pikes Peak School of Expeditionary Learning
- Patriot High School
- Pioneer Technology and Arts Academy
- Pikes Peak Early College
- Spacious Skies Charter School
- Springs Studio for Academic Excellence
- Falcon Homeschool Program
With all documents ready, you may begin a registration application.
Parents/guardians who are completing the registration application, please add yourself as contact #1 with an email and attach your ID.
Safari, Internet Explorer, and Edge (Windows 10)
will NOT work for the online registration application.
To ensure a smooth process, please use Firefox or Chrome.
Are you unable to open pdf documents? Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. Download free Acrobat Reader on the Adobe download site.
Student Media Release
District 49 often takes photos and videos and invites members of the media into its schools to tell the story of our mission to prepare every child for success. We appreciate your cooperation and consent in allowing us to capture imagery of your student for our use in various mediums. This includes, but not limited to, external media outlets such as television and newspaper, as well as internal media producers who update the district’s website, participatory media platforms, advertisements, promotional materials and other online and offline publications.
El Distrito Escolar 49 a menudo toma fotografías e invita a los medios de comunicación a las escuelas del distrito para que relaten la historia de nuestra misión de preparar a todo niño para el éxito. Apreciamos su colaboración y consentimiento al permitir que capturemos imágenes de sus niños para nuestro uso en varios medios. Esto incluye, entre otros, medios de comunicación externos tales como televisión y periódicos, así como productores de medios internos que actualizan el sitio web del distrito, plataformas de medios participativos, publicidad, materiales de promoción y otras publicaciones en Internet y demás.