Before beginning - please carefully read the enrollment document requirements. Applications that do not have the required documentation will be returned to the applicant.
The entire enrollment process will take approximately 20-30 minutes. Having all required documents scanned and ready for upload will expedite your enrollment experience. If you do not have a scanner, or are having difficulties with it, feel welcome to stop by our offices Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We're happy to assist you.
The application must be completed either entirely at home or in our offices. If you anticipate having any issues completing an application at home, please bring all documents with you, and we will assist you in completing the application and uploading the documents here in our offices.
If your student previously attended District 49 schools, left and is now re-enrolling, a new enrollment application - with all required documents - will be required.
Our 30-day Requirement: Unsubmitted applications are held in our system for 30 days, after which time they are deleted. This also applies to applications submitted and returned to you for incomplete or unacceptable documents, if not corrected, resubmitted and processed prior to the 30-day deadline. Please review the application requirements below carefully to ensure that your application has all required documents prior to submitting. The date that you receive the email with the application link starts the 30-day time clock.
The documents listed below must be scanned and ready for upload. When all documents have been gathered, please begin here:
| Start Online Enrollment Application
IMPORTANT: When entering information in the Student section of the application, keep any written entries to as few words/characters as possible. For example in the Previous School section, instead of entering Rocky Mountain Classical Academy, enter RMCA. If too many characters are entered in a section the system will send an error message and you will have to enter the information again.
Internet Explorer or Edge (Windows 10) will not
work for online enrollment. To ensure a smooth process, please use Firefox, Chrome or Safari. The most supported browser is Firefox
- Birth certificate: The person enrolling the student must be listed on the birth certificate, unless there are formal court guardianship or notarized power of attorney papers giving guardianship to the person applying for admissions.
- Hospital-issued birth notices are not acceptable
- If you do not have your child's birth certificate please request it from their previous school to be sent directly to you
- If your child has never attended school before and you do not have the birth certificate, you may order a birth certificate and use the order receipt as the birth certificate until the birth certificate arrives. Once it has arrived, you will take it directly to the school for review and upload.
- Immunization records (If form is two-sided, front and back showing immunizations and student's name and date of birth): Check Colorado's immunization requirements.
- If you do not have your child's immunization records please either contact their previous school and request that they be sent directly to you or contact your child's pediatrician and request that they be sent directly to you.
Documents 3 and 4
This requirement is comprised of parent or guardian identification, and one of the accepted forms of proof of residency - if you have formal guardianship or notarized power of attorney documents, please scan the documents and ID and upload together.
Proof of residency:
All documents provided must be current and dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment. Documents must include the mailing address, service address (if utility bill or mortgage statement) date and names. This is required even if you have other students enrolled and attending District 49 schools.
- Accepted forms of proof of residency
(one of the following)
- Utility bill (discontinuance notices not accepted), cable, trash, residential propane, land line phone, internet - dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment - please note we need the entire page of the bill as must be able to clearly see the utility name, name of the account holder, address to where the bill is being sent as well as the full date of the bill including the year
- If you have recently applied for service but have not yet received a utility bill, please work with the utility company to provide you a letter which includes your name(s), the property address, a statement that verifies that you have an active account with them, the representative's name and phone #
- If you do not have any utility bills or other acceptable proof of residency documents in your name, please see the "Living With Another Family?" section below for further options
- Rental or lease agreement which includes names of property owners/management company, renters/lessees, beginning date of the rental or lease, address and signature page (both tenants and property owners or management company must have signed off) - dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment
- Home purchase contract which includes buyer and seller names, address, closing date and signature pages - closing date must be within 60 days of enrollment
- If the purchase contract has been countered, in addition to the original contract items listed, we will need the 1st page of the counter, the page showing any changes to the closing dates and the final signature pages from both the buyers and sellers. All pages must be scanned together as one document
- If you are building a house and do not have a typical purchase contract, you will need a letter on the builder's letterhead that includes your name(s), the address of the house being built, the closing date and the representative's name and phone #
- Mortgage statement which includes current date - within the preceding 60 days of enrollment - names, mailing address and service address
- Living with another family?
- Notarized letter from owner indicating names of individuals residing with family, along with owners current utility bill, mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement (see listing above - dated within the preceding 60 days of enrollment)
- Examples of proof of residency documents that are not accepted:
- Cell phone bill
- Utility bill marked with "Discontinuance Notice" or "Notice to Disconnect" or anything that states that the services will be discontinued
- Bank statement, checks, non-mortgage loan statements
- Driver's license
- Car registration
- Junk mail to address
- Credit card bills
- Jury summons
- Rewards statements
- Pay stubs
- United States Postal Service change of address confirmation
- Parent or guardian with photo ID: If parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to the custody of their children unless a court order specifically indicates one custodial parent. If the student you're enrolling is not your legal child, you must provide appropriate guardianship or notarized power of attorney documents that give you the rights to complete an enrollment or otherwise make educational decisions.