Early Childhood Preschool Application
- D49 will no longer hold annual Round-Up events.
- Community Developmental screenings are held throughout the school year if you are interested in having your child screened.
- However, these screening events do not serve as a preschool application. More information about our screenings is available on this webpage.
- We are not yet accepting applications for the 2024-2025 school year. Please check our webpage often for updated information about how to apply for the upcoming school year, including Universal Preschool Colorado.
- Our current application is open, but for the 2023-2024 year only. Applications and waitlists DO NOT roll over to the next school year.
If you already received a D49 acceptance letter or email from the preschool department, you should now proceed with online enrollment
- If your child is receiving services through The Resource Exchange, has an appointment with our Child Find team or if you received a Child Find registration letter via email, you do not need to re-apply here.
- If you have moved into District 49 and your child already has an IEP from another school district, please call 719.494.8840 for preschool placement.
- D49 partners with Head Start/CPCD to provide preschool programming at Falcon and Evans locations. If you are interested in Head Start programming, contact CPCD by calling 719-635-1536 or www.cpcdheadstart.org/enrolling
- If you have concerns about your child's development, contact our Child Find office at 719-494-8751.
Please Note: All announcements and other important notifications are sent via email as a mail merge/mass email. To ensure proper delivery, please add our email address, email@example.com, to your contact list. Keep in mind, our placement procedure is an ongoing process throughout the school year. As parents decline an offer or withdraw their child, we will offer that placement to another child. ONLY complete one application per child.
*Please note: You will not receive a submission confirmation after you click the submit button on the application.
If you have questions about completing the UPK application, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please write "UPK application question" in the subject line). Please include your phone number so we can speak to you if needed.