Concurrent Enrollment (free college)
Looking for free college or job training in high school? Trying to avoid student loan debt? Concurrent Enrollment is offered at all D49 high schools and provides on- and off-campus college courses for 2-year and 4-year degrees and hands-on career training through the Career Start Program. Earn free college credits, weighted HS grades, and 2 semesters of HS credit for each 1-semester college course. Contact your advisor today!Free means free! Unsuccessful attempts to complete a college course no longer requires tuition repayment to the district. No financial risk involved, apply today!Fall 2023 CE Online Applications are due Friday, February 3, 2023
Here's how to get started …
1. Contact your Advisor and complete your pathway plan. Review grades with your counselor to ensure that you have no grades lower than a "C" for the previous semester and current semester to be eligible for Concurrent Enrollment
2. Apply Online to enroll at Pikes Peak State College Obtain Student ID (S#) and login
3. Apply for College Opportunity Fund
5. Submit CE Online Application (below) by Friday, February 3, 2023.
Choose the application based on the high school you attend:
6. Watch for an email asking you to sign your application.
Once you have signed the application, it will be routed via email to your parents and then to your advisor for signature. Student and parents cannot use the same email address for the routing to work properly.
College Readiness Scores:
Subject NextGen Accuplacer PSAT/SAT ACT EdReady English Writing 246+ 470 18 90 Reading -- 470 17MAT1140/1160 Career/Fin MathMAT1240/1260 Lib Arts, StatsMAT1340 College AlgebraMAT1440 Pre-CalculusAR 265+QAS 240+AAF 245-279AAF 280+50050059061019192324909090
AR-Arithmetic; QAS-Quant Reasoning, Algebra, & Statistics; AAF-Adv Algebra & Functions
*If student scores are slightly under the stated score above, counselors may use multiple measures to qualify a student for some classes.