Career & Technical Education
Today's cutting-edge, rigorous, relevant career and technical education courses prepare students for a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers. CTE provides students with:
- Academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
- Employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace essential skills
- Education pathways that help students explore interests and careers through school
CTE content areas have been aligned and verified with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics; and reading, writing and communication.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources and Energy
- Business, Marketing and Public Administration
- Hospitality, Human Services and Education
- Health Science, Criminal Justice and Public Safety
- STEM, Arts, Design and Information Technology
- Skilled Trades and Technical Sciences
- Alternative Cooperative Education
Career & Technical Student Organizations
Students build leadership skills, positive work values, and apply what they learn in class. CTE student organizations include: DECA, FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, HOSA, (SC)2, SkillsUSA, and TSA.