The District 49 purchasing department promotes and follows Colorado State Law, Board of Education policies, building or department procedures, and any other rules and regulations as may be established by central, building, or department administration for purchasing and contracting.
We represent the district in a positive manner through courteous behavior and professional actions. We recognize opportunities for improvement and implement improved methods within the limits of authority, including the administration, reviewing and managing of contractual agreements. The purchasing department has no authority to approve contracts, only the content. Everything is signed by the Executive Director of Facilities and Operations or the District Superintendent. .
In short, we...
- Ensure integrity of the procurement process
- Obtain pricing using the appropriate method, based on the best value for the District, including but not limited to invitation for bid (IFB), request for proposal (RFP), request for qualifications (RFQu) and documented quotes.
- Research for the best products, prices and overall value for the district
- Purchase from intergovernmental and cooperative purchasing agreements where advantageous to the district
- Provide central purchasing for district-wide information technology, supplies, equipment, services and capital projects and construction (often buying in bulk to get the best value)
- Provide centralized support for the zone’s and department’s individual purchases
- Provide asset management
- Disposal and recycling
All of our bids are posted to bidnetdirect.com Registration is free and you can bid directly from the site.
Purchasing Department Resources
Statement of Damage or Loss (EDB-E-2)
Use this form to report damage or loss of a controlled asset.
Desktop Printer/Scanner Request Form
Use this form if you are unable to print/scan from the community multi-function printer/scanner and must have a device at your desk.
D49 Controlled Asset Request Form
This form is to be used when requesting equipment over $500 or item(s) designated as a controlled asset by the D49 Asset Management Team. This form is not required for curriculum purchases.
Equipment Disposition Request Form
Fill out this form and send to Purchasing Office to start equipment removal process. The Asset Hand Receipt Form should accompany this form when the equipment is transferred to another person or office. Equipment Relocation/Disposal Request Form
Please note that payment will not be authorized unless a fully executed contract is in place.
Purchasing and Contract Manager
Logistical Support Technician