The District 49 purchasing department promotes and follows Board of Education policies, building or department procedures, and any other rules and regulations as may be established by central, building, or department administration for purchasing and contracting.
We represent the district in a positive manner through courteous behavior and professional actions. We recognize opportunities for improvement and implement improved methods within the limits of authority, including the administration, reviewing and managing of contractual agreements. The purchasing department has no authority to approve contracts, only the content. Everything is signed by the District 49 chief business officer or the district's Board of Education president.
In short, we...
- Ensure integrity of the procurement process
- Obtain pricing using the appropriate method, based on the best value for the District, including but not limited to request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and quotes
- Research for the best products, prices and overall value for the district
- Purchase from intergovernmental and cooperative purchasing agreements where advantageous to the district
- Provide central purchasing for district wide information technology, supplies, equipment, services and capital projects and construction (often buying in bulk to get the best value)
- Provide centralized support for the zone’s and department’s individual purchases
- Provide information technology asset management
- Disposal and recycling
All of our bids are posted to bidnetdirect.com Registration is free and you can bid directly from the site.
Purchasing Department Resources
Based on the results of our Request for Qualifications, the following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to conduct work for District 49.
Wells and West
Bassett and Associates
White Construction Group
Fill out this form and send to Purchasing Office to start equipment removal process. The Asset Hand Receipt Form should accompany this form when the equipment is transferred to another person or office. Equipment Relocation/Disposal Request Form