Falcon High School College & Career Center
Preparing for life after high school is more than just a one time event. District 49 uses the College in Colorado website to help students plan for whatever they want to do in life. This website is about more than just college and/or Colorado; it provides useful tools and information in regards to interests, abilities, skills, careers, post-secondary training and more. The district automatically creates College in Colorado accounts for students based on their district assigned student number beginning in the 6th grade for use with developing each student's Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP).
College Admission TestingAdmission to a 4-year college or university is usually requires taking either the ACT or SAT. Due to policy changes, SAT and ACT scores may need to be provided to colleges and other related organizations directly from the testing agencies. Juniors and Seniors should also see the Counseling portion of your individual high school's webpage for more financial aid information and opportunities.
College Application MonthOctober is College Application Month and is sponsored by College In Colorado. The goal of College Application Month is to provide every graduating high school senior with the preparation and opportunity to apply to college, with the help of the resources available on CollegeInColorado.org.
- To increase the number of Colorado Seniors who apply to college.
- To encourage first generation and students who may not otherwise apply to college.
- To provide useful timelines and information that prepares students in the application process.
- To provide resources for schools to create a college-going culture.
- Scholarships and IKEA gift cards are awarded.